With spring training on the horizon (yay!), the Mets stayed mostly frugal this offseason, with the exception of signing Jason Bay.
While I am excited at the return of baseball season and the opportunity to see my future husband, David Wright, in action, I'm finding it very hard to be optimistic. And apparently, I'm not the only one. On Matthew Cerrone's MetsBlog, the fan confidence rating is only 10%, the lowest it's been since, well, October.
Although, I have compiled a list of things that I am looking forward to seeing this season:
1) David Wright
2) How long it will take for the team to realize that they need to score runs in order to win when Johan pitches
3) David Wright
4) How long it will take for Luis Castillo's knees to give out
5) Will everybody be using the Dark Helmet batting helmet?
6) Hey, at least we have home field advantage....on Opening Day
7) David Wright
8) How long it will take the team to realize that only Carlos Beltran's mole has shown up to Spring Training
9) Watching Jerry Manuel mumble through postgame news conferences, win or lose
10) David Wright
So whether or not the Mets finish miserably, at least we can enjoy the little things this season, like the Shake Shack.