Wednesday, August 3, 2011

How Hard is it to Stay Above .500?

That's the question I keep asking myself this morning after the Mets lost another heartbreaker to the Marlins.

Note to Terry Collins: You don't put the guy the blew the game the night before into the next game. But then again, maybe our bullpen is just that bad where we need to put Jason Isringhausen into every game.

Note to Mets offense: When your starting pitcher only allows two solo home runs to Omar Infante over six innings, you have to back him up. Pitching alone isn't going to win it every time. Unless you're the Phillies.

Another Note to Terry Collins: You don't put Jon Niese in as the pinch runner in the bottom of the ninth with nobody out unless you're positive Daniel Murphy is going to hit a home run.

That's all I'm really going to say about last night's game. I'm predicting a loss tonight because once the Mets get three or four games above .500, they tend to lose the next four or five games to fall back under .500.

Maybe I'm more aggravated because I have to listen to the Marlins feed. Go figure.

David Wright Striekout Counter: $4.90

No comments:

Post a Comment