Monday, April 18, 2011

I'm Almost on my Second David Dollar...Good or Bad?


David Wright struck out 19 times in 16 games. 19 times. In 16 games. This mark doesn't lead the league in strikeouts, but it's pretty darn close.

As much as I love David, and as much as I love the David Wright Strikeout Counter, the fact that he can't hit the ball when he's down in the count is worrisome.

For every year that David has been a Met, the number of times he struck out in the season has gone up. Last year, he whiffed in 27.4 percent of his at-bats. At one point last season, he was on pace for 225 strikeouts. This year, that number is still hovering around the 170 mark.

However, if whiffing at more pitches means that his production is also up, then so be it. I'd rather have David hit .275 and have 30 HR and 100 RBI than have him hit .308 with 10 HR. I'm not worried about his strikeouts lowering his batting average. Mainly because I enjoy counting them.

David Wright Strikeout Counter: $1.90

No comments:

Post a Comment