Monday, February 1, 2010

The Mets Are The Real Putzes

J.J. Putz's Mets experience, although short, was like any other Mets experience. Putz performed when we needed him for about a month, got hurt, and was out of comission for the rest of the season. As it turns out, it really was the team's fault.

Says Putz (courtesy of The 'Ropolitans):

“When the trade went down last year, I never really had a physical with the Mets. I had the bone spur (in the right elbow). It was discovered the previous year in Seattle, and it never got checked out by any other doctors until I got to spring training, and the spring training physical is kind of a formality. It was bugging me all through April, and in May I got an injection. It just got to the point where I couldn’t pitch. I couldn’t throw strikes, my velocity was way down.”


Wow. How stupid. I don't have any words for this. Now I'm seeing that this trade may have been more about getting rid of Aaron Heilman. And just as a refresher, we also lost fan favorite Endy Chavez in that deal.

Had the Mets given Putz a proper physical....well, we'd still be screwed. But we can't worry about the coulda, woulda, shouldas. We have to worry about this 2010 team and the gaping holes in their roster.

No comments:

Post a Comment