Thursday, February 4, 2010

Twins Close To Signing Hudson

ESPN's Buster Olney reports that Orlando Hudson is nearing a 1-year/$5 million deal with the Twins.

What I don't understand is why the Hudson/Mets rumors started to begin with. Sure, it would be a defensive upgrade over Luis Castillo, but why have an extra position player that you don't need?Especially considering we owe Castillo $6 million next year. That is definitely not an easy trade.

If I were the Metsies right now, I'd be begging Pedro Martinez to come back. Or at least thinking about a more viable pitching option than Oliver Perez.

This rotation worries me. A lot. The Mets should consider selling blindfolds. Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. Not only does the starting pitching rotation of Johan Santana and The Four Rainouts worry us, but the prospects of the inexperienced Omar Santos (he of the 300 or so major league at-bats) being called upon to handle this staff is just as alarming.

    I hope Sgt. Bay of The Yukon doesn't regret signing his contract here. I also hope I don't regret renewing my two ticket plans.

    ReplyDelete