Saturday, May 29, 2010

My Crap-Tastic Team Is Back

Oh crappy Mets, how I've missed thee.

Jerry Manuel's go-to guy, Fernando Nieve, only lasted two innings, giving up five runs. And to think, we could have gotten the same two innings from Oliver Perez, but with less runs. Oh wait...we did.

I really don't understand what is about being on the road that makes this team suck. It's like the suckage oozes out of them. The west coast series against San Diego is going to be fun. For me, it's gonna go something like this:

10:05 PM: Oh look, the game's starting.
10:06 PM: Go to sleep.
(If they lose)
Whenever my dog gets me up in the middle of the night to go outside: Damnit!!!! They lost again!
Whenever I get up that morning: Watch Sportscenter to see highlights of how the Mets embarassed themselves.
(If they win)
Whenever my dog gets me up in the middle of the night to go outside: OMFG, they won.
Whenever I get up that morning: Watch Sportscenter to see who isn't on my shit list this week.
(If Jerry Manuel gets fired)
3:46 AM EST: Jerry gets fired.
5:45 AM EST: I get up to let my dog out.
6:30 AM EST: I get a Facebook notification that my best friend wrote on my wall. And Jerry got fired.
6:31 AM EST: Turn on ESPNEWS.
The rest of the morning is spent anxiously awaiting the news conference so I can count how many times Omar Minaya says the word "okay."

But, as always, LGM.


No comments:

Post a Comment