Monday, August 16, 2010

Where's the Leadership?

So this team somehow won two games in row before ultimately losing two out of three to the Phillies. Before turning off last night's game, Jon Miller and Joe Morgan were commenting on David Wright's 5-for-43 August. I turned the game off in like the sixth inning, so I lasted longer than I thought I would, but that number is probably not accurate.

Miller and Morgan also pointed out that as of the sixth inning of last night's game, the Mets were hitting a .187 with RISP after the All Star Break.

As David grounded out that inning, the fans at Citi Field let him have it. "Boo," they said, "BOOOO!!!!" As much as I love him, I have to admit that I did boo at the television screen.

David is supposed to be out homegrown superstar, our Derek Jeter. Except we don't show David Wright commercials on the YES Network. However, the difference between Jeter and Wright is that Jeter is able to lead his team. Wright hasn't harnessed his leadership abilities yet. Trust me , I know they're there. How? Well, Alex Cora had to have done some good for this team.

If David is waiting for the (W)right time to step up as a leader.....step up now!!!!! Sure, we're not gonna make the postseason, but at least lead us to a respectable record and let us go out with dignity! Then we can fire Jerry Manuel and get somebody like Wally Backman to be the manager.

By the way....the sun is not out in Florida. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some firing. Even if we fire Oliver Perez.

David Wright Strikeout Counter: $12.60

No comments:

Post a Comment