Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I Can't Believe I'm Writing This Sentence

The Mets have won three games in a row.

I can't believe I just wrote that. The Mets have won three games in a row. The Mets have won three games in a row. That, my friends, is called a winning streak and their first one since June 10-18, when they had that 8-game winning streak. June seems like so long ago.

With this win, the Mets have climbed back to .500, which I am perfectly content with. However, I do think we got lucky thanks to a couple of defensive errors on Pittsburgh's part, a 7-run 4th inning and a key hit from Angel Pagan.

Jenrry Mejia left the game after 2.1 innings with shoulder issues....I have a feeling he would have pitched the first Mets no-no. An MRI is scheduled for tomorrow. Raul Valdez came in and immediately got us in trouble. Well, it could have been worse....it could have been Oliver Perez.

Tomorrow, the Metsies wrap things up with Pittsburgh and try to complete the sweep (really, I just wrote that?!?!?). Mike Pelfrey takes the hill against Charlie Morton, a guy who is 1-11 with a 9.05 ERA. Future Cy Young anyone? Somebody's in line for their second win of the season.

Dear God, please let me be wrong about the outcome of tomrrow's game.

David Wright Strikeout Counter: $14.90

No comments:

Post a Comment