Friday, September 10, 2010

I Literally Cried.

In case Mets fans have been living under a rock for the last six hours, or have been totally disgusted by the team all together and have stopped caring, Johan Santana is having season-ending shoulder surgery*. He should be fine by the beginning of spring training 2011 and the prognosis for a full recovery is "execellent."

When I heard this news, I literally cried. Like not a fake cry. A full on cry. Not because our ace pitcher is hurt. I mean, lets face it: the Mets would be lucky to finish the season with a .500 record. Because I know what's coming. The Mets already need to get a solid #2 starter for the 2011 season. Or even a #3 guy if they re-sign R.A. Dickey (which I totally think they will). Oh yeah, and maybe a closer guy.

Looking into the crystal ball that is our already-doomed 2011 season, neither void in the rotation will be filled if Omar Minaya remains the general manager. Sure, the neccessary changes to our coaching staff will be made (buh bye Jerry!), but no new players will be signed and we'll be stuck with Oliver Perez and John Maine, who is apparantly still a Met.

I think I cried because I'm thoroughly disgusted and I just want the season to end. I want the pain, and the suffering, and the misery to end! And then I want Omar to get re-assigned. Although I am a fan of a good firing (au revoir Jerry!), we do have all that "untouchable" young talent in the minors/Mets thanks to Minaya.

But I just don't see the preverbial gap in our rotation ever being filled.

David Wright Strikeout Counter: $14.30 (the David Wright Strikeout Counter does not reflect tonight's plate appearances. But they're losing badly like I said they would, so....yeah)

*This photo is not from today's press conference. Luckily.

No comments:

Post a Comment