Sunday, July 18, 2010

Do I Start Blaming Carlos Beltran Yet?

The Mets have fallen to third place. Say what you will. Hisanori Takahashi went to the Oliver Perez School of the Performing Arts. (Speaking of Perez, he may be returning to his spot in the bullpen later this week) The Mets suck on the road. Yada yada yada.

I don't necessarily blame Carlos Beltran; I mean, we all knew he was coming back. We were counting down until Beltran's return. We were excited when he was finally at 85% and able to resume baseball activities with the Mets.

But I do think that now that Beltran is back in the lineup, Jason Bay is not performing. Well, who am I kidding? Jason Bay wasn't performing like Jason Bay to begin with. But I think because of Beltran's presence, it might be even more of an excuse for him to not give a shit. We all knew that Angel Pagan would be getting less playing time, but perhaps it's Jason Bay that needs the breather.

Today, Johan Santana pitches and we will surely be heartbroken. And it may indirectly be Carlos Beltran's fault.

Team Record Since Carlos Beltran's Return: 0-3

David Wright Strikeout Counter: $10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment