Sunday, July 18, 2010

R.I.P. Lou Brown

Lou Brown died at the age of 70. Lou Brown is best known for taking a really crappy Indians team and turning them into winners. Much like Bobby Valentine did with the 2000 Mets.

Actually, the actor, James Gammon died at the age of 70 of adrenal gland and liver cancer.

So if Lou Brown is dead, then what hope do the Mets have?

For now, I would like to impart some words of wisdom from Lou Brown (pardon my French):

"All right people, we got 10 minutes 'till game time, let's all gather 'round. I'm not much for giving inspirational addresses, but I'd just like to point out that every newspaper in the country has picked us to finish last. The local press seems to think that we'd save everyone the time and trouble if we just went out and shot ourselves. Me, I'm for wasting sportswriters' time. So I figured we ought to hang around for a while and see if we can give 'em all a nice big shitburger to eat."





No comments:

Post a Comment