Friday, July 9, 2010

Same Old, Same Old

I put up this old picture of David Wright from way back when the Mets shaved their heads in team unity because it makes me cry. Mainly because David shaved off all his beautiful hair.

But now, the Mets make me cry because they're back to their usual pattern. Win one, lose one, win one, lose one, lose rubber game, blah, blah, blah.

June was so good for the Mets! So good! It's not even the All Star Break yet and I feel like this team is giving up on me! And now July looks bleak. We're heading into a weekend series with the NL East-leading Atlanta Braves (wow, that is weird to say) before our annual West Coast road trip. Which, by the way, is gonna suck. Why? Because I said so.

In order to redeem themselves, the Mets need to sweep the Braves this weekend. Sweep. The. Braves. It might be tough. But now that Johan Santana has figured out that he needs to also provide his own offense in addition to pitching well, I think we may have something here.

And now, a random hodgepodge of thoughts: LeBron to Miami might be a good thing because it will not be a Lakers/Celtics final. Sorry Knicks. I'm still trying to process that the Mets won a day where Santana pitched. Today is Friday. The Mets might win. If there is justice in this world, Jim Parsons will win an Emmy. I betcha Rick Peterson hasn't taken off his jacket yet. I would advise you not to go to Disney World in the middle of the summer. David Wright hasn't struck out in the last few games. Has the counter died? If Sports Illustrated points out that the Pittsburgh Pirates do, in fact, suck, does the SI curse have the reverse effect on them? Yay! Baltimore is no longer on track to break the '62 record of suckage and I am grateful. I think I'm one of those few fans that wants to keep that record.

David Wright Strikeout Counter: $9.60

No comments:

Post a Comment