Saturday, July 24, 2010

I Had To Double-Check Like 3 Times to Make Sure the Mets Actually Won

That was really my reaction when I saw that the Mets won this morning. I thought it was a cruel joke and we had really lost 6-1, but then I remembered we were the away team and the away team had the higher number last night.

Johan Santana held the Dodgers to one run over 7 innings and both Bobby Parnell and Frankie Rodriguez (God, I can't believe I'm typing this) pitched perfect innings of relief.

On a day where he was batting lower than 6th in the line-up for only the ninth time in his career, Jason Bay led the Mets offense by going 2-for-4 with 3 RBI. I can't believe I typed that either. Ike Davis homered and David Wright struck out three times, both of which are very believable since David Wright is not a clean-up hitter. Henry Blanco also went 2-for-4 last night.

Perhaps the most Amazin' thing about this win was that Jerry Manuel was ejected in the 2nd inning. Yup. You can guess that I can't believe I typed that either. Whether it lit the fire that the Mets needed or if it was just the Mets' way of saying "Get somebody else," they played well enough to win. And enjoy it now because we might not see it again for four more days.

Team Record Since Carlos Beltran Return: 2-7

David Wright Strikeout Counter: $10.90

1 comment:

  1. A good win but what was amazing to me was the fact that the Braves lost on the same night.

    ReplyDelete