Sunday, June 6, 2010

I Didn't Jinx This Team After All!

The Mets rallied back from a 5-0 deficit to complete their fish fry, with a final score of 7-6.

Jeff Francoeur played hero today, extending his ten game hitting streak, and hitting the game-tying three run homer in the bottom of the seventh inning.

David Wright also had a three hit, zero strikeout day. I think I like home David Wright better than away David Wright.

The Mets took the lead in the 8th, on an Ike Davis double play. Umm...usually, when the Mets hit into a double play, it ends the inning and/or the game...I'll take it!

If I could change one thing about this game, Hisanori Takahashi would have pitched better. Today, he allowed 5 runs in 5 and 1/3 innings. If I could change two things about this game, Hisanori Takahashi would have pitched better and K-Rod would actually pitch a 1-2-3 inning.

Tomorrow, the Metsies have an off day before continuing their home stand with the Padres. The beast known as Pelfrey is scheduled to pitch Tuesday. We're in good shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment