Saturday, June 26, 2010

Why Am I Not Surprised? Twins 6, Mets 0


Not surprisingly, the Baseball Gods have denied my request of a no-decision for Johan Santana, and the Mets lost 6-0 to the Twins. Johan was not at his best today, going six innings and allowing five runs, including a 4-run first inning.

I don't have any numbers or anything, but Johan has to be up near the top of the list of the pitchers that recieve the least amount of run support.

On the other hand, Carl Pavano crafted a complete game, 3-hit shutout, while allowing only one free pass to Ike Davis. This could only happen to the Mets, folks!

The only Met who seemed to solve Pavano was Jeff Francoeur (I think I'm spelling that right, I never write about Frenchy so I don't know), who had two out of the three Mets hits today.

The Mets try to not lose another rubber game tomorrow at 1:10. Jon Niese is pitching for the Mets and Scott Baker for the Twins. Advantage: Niese.

David Wright strikeout counter: $8.70

No comments:

Post a Comment