Thursday, June 3, 2010

On a Scale of 1-10, How Pissed is Johan Santana Today?

If I were Johan Santana, I'd be pissed off at my teammates today. Mr. Santana, who along with Mr. Pelfrey can be declared a beast, did not perform at his best last night but he still pitched seven shut out innings. He got only one run of support, courtesy of a Frenchy RBI single. And then, K-Rod blew the game. And then, Adrian Gonzalez hit a walk-off grand slam. And then, Jessica cursed at her iPhone screen as the score read: Padres 5, Mets 1. And now, because of this unfortunenate series of events, Johan Santana is a man who is 1-0 in his last six starts. Yup, you read that right. 1-0 in his last six starts.

It seems to me that with this team, they only come through on two occasions:
1) Mike Pelfrey is pitching. As they should. He is a beast.
2) When Jerry Manuel says, "Shit, I don't have a starter today!" He then throws in somebody like Hisanori Takahashi and tells the team they have to hit.*

I'm tired of us losing when our ace is pitching. This is the one game every five days that we're supposed to...gee, I don't know...win. Santana and Pelfrey both do a great job of keeping their team in the game; but why can't the Mets score for Johan? They're just a mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie.

And I'm up $6.90 on the strikeout counter for David Wright. By the end of the season, I should at least have $20.00!

*Second condition is only applicable during home games

No comments:

Post a Comment