Tuesday, June 29, 2010

There's the Mets I Know and Love!


So let me get this straight...Jerry Manuel uses K-Rod in the eighth inning instead of the ninth because we're still losing at that point and he actually went 1-2-3? So it is the ninth inning that plagues us? Well, that's good because I was beginning to think that K-Rod sucked.

This one ended up being another heartbreaker for the orange and blue. The Mets came back from a 6-3 deficit only to see their hopes of victory dashed by one Dan Uggla. Yeah. And that's all I have to say about that.

The Fish got to Hisanori Takahashi early but he still managed to go five and 2/3 innings. Um...still a better choice than Oliver Perez? I really can't decide, but this is definitely the guy that gets moved if/when Oliver Perez decides to come back and suck for the Mets again. Besides letting off that grand slam to Hanley Ramirez, what are we complaining about really? It's an upgrade from Ollie.

Offensively, David Wright didn't strike out, instead going 3-for-4. Jason Bay had an odd night at the plate, going 0-for-1 with two walks and an RBI. Well, at least the out was productive. Fernando Tatis actually got a hit and Ruben Tejada went 2-for-3. But the man of the hour is one Josh Thole who got the then-game-tying RBI pinch-hit single in the ninth.

The Mets try to save their dignity in Puerto Rico tomorrow night with Big Pelf taking on Chris Volstad.

David Wright Strikeout Counter: $8.90

1 comment:

  1. So many things to agree upon here. What I like to call what Jerry does is "first guessing." There is never such a thing as "second guessing" anything he does b/c whatever he decides to do is wrong! I saw feliciano warming up in the 'pen in the 8th and I thought, ok, I can deal with Perpetual P right now. Then I was like - wait, did I miss the 8th inning or something? Still no f'ing clue why Krod is in there. Whatever. I still have to agree though with the idea that Taka is still a better option than Oh Pea. BUT I guess gun-to-back, Pea can start and Taka can clean up his messes in the 'pen.

    ReplyDelete