Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I Have Faith in the Mets...on Tuesdays



As I was looking at my New York Mets pocket schedule (aptly called The pocket Schedule of Suckage) yesterday, I noticed something. I keep track of wins and losses so religiously that I can determine by now which day of the week the Mets are going to perform. Last year, it was on Fridays that we did the best. This year, I have faith in the Mets...but only on Tuesdays.

After yesterday's 4-2 victory over the Pedres, the Mets are now 7-2 on Tuesdays, including a doubleheader sweep back when we were on that 8-game winning streak.

I'm officially declaring Mike Pelfrey a beast after pitching eight innings of one run ball. Mike Pelfrey, at the beginning of the season, was one of my question marks, but now, he has solidified himself in the Mets rotation. His 8 wins are second in the majors, only to Ubaldo Jimenez. And his 2.39 ERA ranks among tops in the majors.

Mike & Ike & Wright won the game last night....my inclusion of my beloved in this sentence absolutely shocks me....but now I'm curious what this team does with Johan on the mound. The Mets generally don't score for this poor guy; I'm surprised he hasn't given up on them yet. And according to the Pocket Schedule of Suckage, the Mets aren't so hot on Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. Jess, you are too funny! I love reading your blog!! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete